FELSHAM & Gedding: Local history publications by Christopher Bornett

Christopher Bornett, a retired primary school teacher, has been researching the history of Felsham and Gedding since 2010.  

Much of his research will be familiar to readers of the village newsletter.  He has also published in the G&F magazine and in Signposts to Local History.  He edits the FELSHAM HISTORY FORUM blog.

He has written and published booklets on many aspects of Felsham life in the 19th century including a biography of Thomas Anderson (Rector of Felsham 1822 to 1872), a history of education in Felsham and Gedding, and a description of the lives of local farm labourers and their families.

Many of these studies are now available on-line.  Click HERE.

The list also includes access to all the Census Returns for Felsham from 1841 to 1911 and for Gedding for 1841 and 1851.

Felsham windmill pre-1867

A photomontage showing what Felsham windmill may have looked like before its removal in 1867. The mill would have rivalled the church tower in height and must have dominated this part of the village. The building to the right of the windmill is the Live and Let Live beer-house on Upper Green, while the house to the left is Windmill Cottage on the Cockfield Road.

 

 

By admin on April 12th, 2015